Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Semester. New Plans. Jumbled Thoughts.

We just had our first summer block yesterday.

Let me tell you.

I AM STOKED for this class.

This is probably the first class that I have been actively engaged in all year.

Maybe because it is marketing.
Maybe because the professor is coherent.
Maybe because I had a two week break from all the madness.


Maybe because I am in love with marketing.

As we sat in class with all the humble braggers, I kid you not, one kid rudely exclaimed, "Well, I know I could have gotten into BYU..." Okay. Well that's cool.

Listen, I am not all about the "humble" braggers that my group so fondly likes refer to them as. One of the reasons that I've had such a hard time with the MBA program, is that is seems that everyone is out to prove how good they are. Honestly, I don't care who you talked with, or what company you could have been working for. All I am interested in is your ideas. All I want to get from my MBA is insight, knowledge, and the confidence to blaze new trails.

I'm all about this quote right now:
The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. – Nolan Bushnell

Until next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment